PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports.
- Recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities.
- Verifying federal identification numbers.
- Scheduling and preparing checks.
- Resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Insuring credit is received for outstanding memos.
- Issuing stop-payments or purchase orders amendments.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Verifying documentation.
- Maintains financial security by following internal accounting controls.
- May perform administrative duties in the department including scanning copying, spreadsheets, etc.
- Back-up various co-workers as needed.
Other duties may be assigned.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Associate’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field preferred, or experience and coursework may be substituted.
- Three or more years of experience in Accounts Payable, finance, or related field, or equivalent combination of education, and experience.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with MS Office, in particular Excel/spreadsheets and ability to create and run reports.
- Familiarity with Famous software helpful.
- 10-key proficiency.
- Ability to maintain positive interpersonal interactions at all levels.
- Ability to keep information confidential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to perceive pertinent data, observe differences, and maintain accuracy.
- Agility in working with numbers and perform arithmetic calculations quickly and accurately.
- Ability to make recommendations to management in a timely manner.
- Self-directed and ability to work with standard operating procedures and a moderate level of supervision.
- Ability to manage changing priorities and work under pressure with deadlines.
- Dependability and reliability.
- Attention to detail
- Analyzing information.
- Vendor relationships (ability to maintain positive vendor relationships).
- PC proficiency.
- Data entry skills.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time up to 75% of time.
- Job requires standing, walking, reaching with hands and arms, or lifting up to 10 pounds 25% of time.
- Ability to work for extended periods in front of a computer screen.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.