Title: Product Development Chef
Reports to: Deli Divisional President
Salary: Salaried (DOE)
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Product Development Chef is responsible for developing new as well as improving existing products in support of meeting business objectives. This Culinary expert must be able to understand the needs of key Retailer as well as their Customers to develop and deliver new products and concepts. Must be hands on in Stores, Kitchen and Manufacturing plant throughout the Country.
Must be a driver within the organization in uncovering new culinary areas of opportunity and lead a category with highly specialized knowledge.
- Work collaboratively and communicate cross functionally throughout the organization to meet top and bottom line growth
- Understand Taylor Farms processes for multiple plants
- Ability to manage multiple projects from concept through commercialization
- Serve as subject expert when meeting with Customer and during presentations
- Work with outside ingredient suppliers
- Understanding of current culinary trends with emphasis on health and wellness
- Deli/Retail understanding and ability to develop products and services to meet their needs
- Create, manage and approve specifications
- Quality assurance, basic food safety and trouble shooting
- Packaging, labeling and nutritionals as needed based on project
Required: Advanced culinary training, AOS in Culinary Arts or equivalent from an American Culinary Federation recognized culinary program
Experience Level: 8+ year’s culinary experience via restaurant, foodservice environment or product development
- 1+ years’ experience with a commercial food manufacturing company preferred
- Deli/Retail Food Service experience a plus
- Experience in teaching non culinary professionals a plus
Skills and Background:
Must have strong computer skills
- Proven track record in planning, managing and communication of projects and programs
- General processing and manufacturing experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop products to meet both timelines and budgets
- Menu development and food costing
Travel requirements may vary and subject to change. Travel estimated at 30-40%. Approximately first 2-3 months 60% traveling throughout the Country visiting company sites.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.