Coordinate the purchase and delivery of all needed raw materials and ingredients on a just-in-time basis to satisfy the daily/weekly demand schedules of the plant production department. Ensure that all raw materials purchased will meet established quality specifications and budgeted costs. Collaborate daily with plant operations on raw material demand planning and forecasts. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, raw product forecasting/budgeting, grower supply chain development, harvest material optimization, production usage and inventory management. Person should be a constant facilitator of raw procurement efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Ability to procure and deliver large quantities of high-value, raw product in a fast-paced environment.
- Responsible for placing purchase orders and verifying vendor performance and accuracy on arrival.
- Must be able to effectively communicate raw availability and forecasts to key members of the operations management team.
- Develop effective forecasting tools for both raw product and sales information.
- Build relationships with existing vendors and develop prospective suppliers to keep up with demand and drive down costs.
- Support sales and product development teams in the procurement of new or unique varieties.
- Must demonstrate leadership and be familiar with procurement and production processes
- Demonstrate ability to problem solve efficiently with minimal oversight
- Must be a self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit
- 1-5 years-experience in procurement or an operations environment
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
- Some travel may be required
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.