Position serves a dual purpose in our organization: an administrative sales position with small sales account responsibilities as well as a support for larger strategic accounts. Manages an assigned customer base or potential new accounts to provide Best in Class Service, fulfilling customer specific goals and Naturipe Farms Strategic Plan.
- Supervisor: Director of International Sales
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Establishes and maintains professional sales relationships with assigned existing Naturipe Farms Accounts and grows these accounts in accordance with Naturipe Farms Strategic Sales Plan.
- Develops and establishes new customer base in their Region in accordance with Naturipe Farms Strategic Sales Plan.
- Performs Market updates to entire business on the competitive conditions, retail displays, pricing and anything new in the market place affecting the customers in the region they service.
- Conducts sales calls, schedules promotional volumes and prices, monitors sales to identify opportunities in accordance with Strategic Sales Plan.
- Proposes customer visit schedule with meeting purpose and agendas to advance relationship.
- Executes against the Sales Plan and weekly Promotional Planner.
- Presents and effectively executes company’s marketing initiatives to assigned accounts.
- Provides no less than quarterly evaluations of customer to supervisor with recommendations for actions to improve business.
- Submits Promotional pricing and volume requests to supervisor for approval prior to offering customer. Submits both offers and acceptances to the Demand Planner to assure smooth and effective product flow.
- Takes responsibility for personal growth and training including customer and field visits to ensure improvement of technical skills and knowledge of our products and growing regions.
- Responsible to record price and volume quotations and to make offers only within department established guidelines.
- Accountable for accurate order entry (including quantity, price, product, customer, ship to, delivery instructions and any special instructions) into our SAP system and, if needed, the customer system, and to monitor status of orders up until confirmed received and/or cancelled.
- Must promptly (within six hours) handle rejections by assigned accounts issuing proper notification, department required documentation, and provide customer support to sustain relationship.
- Expected to be aware of the competitive environment and report to manager and team on a real time basis to achieve market leadership.
- Responsible to respond to unexpected supply changes, both long and short, as a team player and to best achieve Best in Class Customer Service which optimizes grower returns.
- Expected to participate in department meetings and conference calls.
- Responsible to cooperate with accounting department to assure prompt collection of assigned account receivables, and ultimately responsible for the collection of all funds.
- Actions and activity fosters Best in Class Customer Service in customer relationships and market leadership that aligns with our strategic plan
- Provides support to other Account Managers in the office in the areas of SAP order entry, on line buying systems, and over flow of phone calls.
- Coordinates and communicates with Logistics and Product management needs of customers being supported by this desk.
- Provides backup as needed to other Account Managers/Product Managers during their absence.
Quantitative Data/Job Dimensions
- Direct Sales: FY17 - $10 - 15 mm
- Order count: FY17 - 300 – 400+ annually (includes support role)
- May handle up to FY17 25 development accounts
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience with minimum of 3 years in produce industry preferred.
- Ability to act independently and make competent decisions without supervision.
- Must have excellent computer skills with knowledge of MS Office, Outlook and SAP helpful
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written language skills
- Individual must be detail oriented and an effective communicator to others
- Team player striving for the benefit of the team
- Motivated individual with a play to win approach to our business
- Thrives in a fast paced environment with a focus on continuous improvement
- Available after hours
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.