The Inventory Control Coordinator, reporting to the Controller, is primarily responsible to prepare and verify inventory summary statements, perform inventory reconciliations, analyze production and usage reports and report monthly financial results for inventory accounts. Additionally, this position will be responsible for the annual audited physical inventory preparation and reconciliation.
The Procurement leadership position provides direction while overseeing functional activities. This Leader will collaborate with the Senior Management Team to ensure material and supply chain needs are executed within a timely, cost-effective manner consistent with established operational procedures and requirements for all facilities. This description does not limit tasks which may be assigned for this hands-on role.
Excellent teamwork skills and abilities to identify and execute needed improvements on a Company wide scale representing all Grower’s Express facilities. Additional duties may be assigned or responsibilities reassigned at the discretion of the VP of Business Development as business dictates, or by means of reasonable accommodation.
IMMEDIATE DUTIES AND TASKS
- Determine all inventory min/max thresholds based on historical usage, enter and track all purchase orders for all packaging materials.
- Perform workflow analysis and develops methods for efficient supply chain management.
- Coordinate with facility and location managers and supervisors to establish facility specific inventory management structure, customer service and quality control standards.
- Prepares all required reports and correspondence, internal and external customers/suppliers, including:
- Accurately preparing physical inventory reports for each of the Packaging Warehouses
- Ensuring the recording of manufacturing activities is in compliance with proper financial cutoffs
- Work with Group Controller to accurately balance the inventory accounts to the general ledger
- Analyze production batch records. Identify and rectify large efficiency variances. Monitor production activities for all product lines. Close all production batches to ensure financial accuracy.
- Responsible to resolve and correct inventory discrepancies and production issues in the system while collaborating with IT
- Preparation and setup of all new parts and related integration mapping in system.
- Perform periodic inventory cycle counts and resolve discrepancies.
- Responsible to balance and reconcile inventory at all controlled Packaging Warehouse sites.
- Prepare Usage, Volume and Purchase Price Variances monthly
ROLE WILL EXPAND TO INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING DUTIES
- Provide leadership and direction within Grower’s Express Materials and Supply Chain Management groups.
- Plan, organize and direct activities to meet or exceed established operational goals in a cost-effective manner.
- Perform product category RFQ’s through pre-qualified supplier pools – managing process from initiation through to implementation.
- Analyze operations to formulate, recommend and implement improvements to material handling and supply chain processes, scheduling, technologies and programs.
- Design, develop, and implement processes that increase yield and/or improve quality for all facilities.
- Accountability for running enterprise wide materials and supply chain within established Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Coordinates with Senior Management Team to establish metrics and accountabilities. Assist with training, implementation and maintenance of Process Control programs.
- Develop, implement, and monitor department budget; manages expenses within approved budget constraints for the materials and supply chain team.
FUTURE SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Selects and subsequently supervises direct staff and provides job descriptions, training, guidance and clearly defined performance expectations.
- Provides enterprise wide leadership, communication, and coaching to employees; cultivates a motivated employee environment of trust, teamwork, accountability, self-confidence, and business ownership
- Participates in selection of direct operational staffing, conducting performance appraisals, training and developing subordinates, promotion, salary increase, termination and, disciplinary action for the procurement team.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in related field or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 5 years related experience or equivalent working with a supply chain team.
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating subordinates within an organization with direct or dotted lined reports in other facilities or locations
- Experience in working within a multi-facility environment
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Basic competence in subordinates’ duties and tasks
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Flexible, versatile, able to work enthusiastically with rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, etc.,) Axapta preferred
- Proven leadership and business acumen skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diverse group of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.