The HR Director will be responsible for the overall leadership and management of the human resources functions for the organization including all HR generalist activities associated with recruitment and selection, compensation and benefits, compliance, performance management, payroll and employee relations activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead, plan, manage, and drive the human resources activities of the company in an effort to maximize organizational effectiveness and capabilities in alignment with the business strategies and corporate policies of the company.
- Strategize and execute talent acquisition to assist management in recruiting and hiring for exempt and non-exempt positions.
- Manage and resolve employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with legal department as needed/required.
- Proactively address and promote site safety and training. Investigate accidents, advise safety precaution and prepare reports as needed. Administer worker’s compensation programs and claims management.
- Administer and provide oversight for the company’s Temporary Agricultural Workers program (H2A) and ensure compliance with the Migrant Seasonal Protection Act.
- Ensure compliance with U.S. Department of Labor, Federal and State rules, regulations and procedures as related to employment, safety and immigration/work visa requirements.
- Manage and oversee all H2A program requirements for housing and transportation.
- Provide day to day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity, retention and employee engagement.
- Provide HR Policy guidance and interpretation and training. Partner with management on the implementation and communication of policies and procedures.
- Manage the payroll processing and administration for the organization, ensuring accuracy and effective controls.
- In partnership with local business leaders, drive effective roll-out of HR programs and services.
- Manage all aspects of local employee compensation and benefit programs.
- Manage HRIS reporting and record keeping for assigned site(s) to enable informed business analysis and decisions. Ensures site HRIS data is accurate and metric reporting is provided for timely companywide roll-up. Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with HR team to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Prepare internal employee communication and people announcement for distribution.
- Responsible for maintaining up-to-date personnel files and site HR record keeping.
- Oversee the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization.
- Consult corporate Human Resources and/or legal counsel to ensure that policies, interpretations and implementation comply with management intent and federal and state law.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, or related discipline or equivalent experience and 20+ years of experience in human resources, or a combination of education/experience desired. 2 to 3 years of agricultural industry and experience managing and administering an H2A, or similar immigration program desired. Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or equivalent certification desired. Highly proficient in MS Office applications primarily PPT, Excel, Work and Outlook. Proven day-to-day experience with HRIS systems and HR Information management and reporting. Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
Skills and abilities
- Proven expertise in all functional areas of Human Resources with core competencies in: employee relations, talent acquisition, compensation, training and organizational development
- Possess strong business acumen and organizational awareness.
- Proven ability to analyze problems involving multiple interrelated causes. Exhibit sound unbiased judgment.
- Excellent communication skills inclusive of: verbal, written, effective listening, interpersonal, coaching and negotiation skills.
- Develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
- Strong project management skills. Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities.
- Flexible and available to interact with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Self-resilient, passionate, motivated, resilient manager with a positive can do attitude.
- Takes initiative to identify and anticipate business needs and makes recommendations for implementation.
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws and regulations.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.