The responsibilities and duties of the position include:
- Implements and manages all aspects of our food safety practices and protocols and preparation for all voluntary, scheduled or unscheduled third party audits.
- Creates and enforces policies and procedures to insure Company compliance with the food safety regulations of all appropriate government agencies and to comply with industry standards in all of our facilities
- Develops and maintains records and systems for product traceability and product recall in accordance with industry standards.
- Collects and maintains updated files from all our suppliers, growers, shippers, packaging material vendors, etc. and document their participation in food safety and traceability programs.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for government regulators and customers in any cases of food borne illness connected to products we may have distributed.
- Ensures that all incoming, outgoing and JVI packaged product meets Company specifications, reporting product issues as required.
- Develop and maintains communications and training for new and existing staff regarding Company policies for food safety and sanitation, and quality assurance programs.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and abilities:
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Strong basic math skills
- Proficient in computer use (Windows, Excel, Word)
- Ability to learn proprietary computer systems and applications
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; College Degree in science preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in food safety or quality assurance
If you are interested in applying, or know a qualified candidate, please forward a resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.