Awe Sum is currently looking for an experienced Quality Control Manager to develop and execute a stronger QC function. This position will be responsible for all tasks as they pertain to the QC department including Team development, creation of QC standards, and grower and packer quality.
The QC Manager will work hand-in-hand with Sales and the Inventory and Logistics Teams. Initially, this individual will also work closely with our current QC Manager to learn the intricacies of Awe Sum Organics’ business as it pertains to our growers and commodities.
The QC Manager will perform the following ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop the QC team to play a stronger role at Awe Sum Organics
- Help enhance and maintain an even process of QC inspections for interpreting QC results
- Help to communicate specific grower-related information back to our growers, in an effort to improve their pack house operations as relating to quality and condition on arrival
- Understand customer specifications and give direction on product placement
- Inspect aging inventory and outbound orders in coordination with Inventory and evaluate with QC team
- Coordinate with and direct our QC inspectors/3rd party inspectors to establish and maintain an even platform of QC inspections and reporting methods across all Awe Sum Organics inspection locations
- Work with growers and packing houses to check/set standards
- Provide guidance, direction and oversight on repacking
- Work with Sales Team on Customer arrival issues
- This position will be located in our Santa Cruz, CA office, but travel to our warehouses, farms, packers, etc., will be required up to 35%of the time.
As this individual will have primary responsibility for Awesum’s QC department, you will have experience in leading /driving the QC function. Ideally, you will also have:
A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 4-6 years produce experience—organics preferred
Fresh produce management experience required particularly with apples, pears, kiwifruit, blueberries, and grapes Intermediate computer proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office Suite and any third party QC system
- Strong knowledge of USDA grade standards, defects, and tolerances; Organic and Food Safety requirements, Food Labeling and Traceability Industry standards
Bilingual English/Spanish Preferred
More About Awesum!
We have a casual, “green” office building in downtown Santa Cruz and even offer bicycles for your lunch time exercise! We also offer:
If this sounds good to you and you have the experience and motivation to make it happen, please email your resume and brief cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great addition to our team.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note: due to the high volume of resumes received we may not reply to your submittal. Please do not phone our office. Thanks so much for your understanding.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks of the position.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.