Opportunity is knocking. Start the New Year with a fresh new career. FreshPoint Central California is seeking a qualified candidate to fill an open position as a Produce Sales Specialist to cover the Greater Sacramento Area. The position will consist of maintaining existing customer base in addition to growing new customers/markets by demonstrating strong sales & customer service expertise, excellent communication and proven follow through.
Qualified candidates must have proven track record with successful territory growth and sustained progress with on-boarding of new business!
Must have reliable transportation with proof of insurance (see coverage requirements below), basic computer and typing skills (Word, Excel & AS400 preferred) and the proven ability to communicate effectively (verbal & written) and close the deal!
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Business to business sales of fresh produce (fruits, veggies) as well as other great products in the Greater Sacramento Area. Establish and maintain professional networks and relations with chefs, restaurant owners, and customers with a professional image and attitude.
- Employee must pass a background check, pre-employment post offer drug screen and lifting test
- Must be able to communicate well with others.
- Pass the Defensive Driving Course
- Pass the minimum hiring requirements
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Proficient in basic computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Education or experience to fulfill the essential functions and responsibilities with a minimum of 6 months sales experience or equivalent experience.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop a complete understanding of the distribution capabilities of FreshPoint as it relates to the Foodservice Division.
- Develop a complete understanding of all products distributed by the Foodservice Sales Division.
- Develop and maintain new accounts in the foodservice sector.
- Communicate regularly with all departments within company (Accounting, Operations, Transportation, and Purchasing) to assist in meeting all retail sales goals.
- Cross train with inside Foodservice Customer Service Reps to gain complete understanding of order process and the critical role played by those individuals.
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled FreshPoint sales meetings.
- Attend and participate in FreshPoint or customer sponsored events, including weekends.
- Develop quality professional working relationships with key account personnel.
- Maintain concise reports of all facility visits and communicate any critical issues to appropriate FreshPoint staff.
- Maintain and foster relationships with vendors, various commodities and boards.
- Drive in a safe manner
- Must be willing to maintain personal vehicle insurance coverage limits of at least$100,000/$300,000/$100,000 in your name.
- Other duties as assigned
- Works primarily outside driving to potential and current customer facilities, in the office at FreshPoint, and in the warehouse
- Schedule to be determined
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.