JOB TITLE: R & D Technician
COMPANY: Growers Express LOCATION: Salinas DEPARTMENT: Technical Services
SUMMARY: The R&D Technician is responsible for the design and execution of projects related to product quality, process validation, shelf life, and operational efficiency. Create technical reports to summarize methods, results, and observations of projects for review by Technical Services Department. Coordinate with Production and Food Safety departments to ensure any and all requirements are met. Oversee personnel assigned to complete outlined projects.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Excecute experiments that will determine best specifications for a wide variety of projects and goals; including but not limited to packaging, new product development, equipment verification, process flow, and shelf life quality improvement.
- Work with Technical Services, Production, and Food Safety Departments to develop and evaluate processes for improving production, as well as identify and address any challenges with regard to product quality and safety.
- Validate and improve equipment design and function.
- Identify and make recommendations for opportunities to improve product quality or production efficiency.
- Implement inspection protocols designed to ensure Packaging meets designed specifications.
- Supervise and train any employees assigned to execute tasks outlined by experimental/production procedures.
- Use a wide variety of tools and methods to evaluate product quality.
- Use experience and creative thinking to apply different technologies to achieve stated goals.
- Comminicate findings of any experiments, either written or verbally, with managers.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.