Duda Farm Fresh Foods, a world leader celery company, is seeking a dynamic individual to join our team. We currently have a career opportunity for a Logistics Supervisor in our Salinas, California location.
The Logistics Supervisor will be responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction, optimizing financial performance, and expanding delivered sales opportunities throughout North America. The Logistic Supervisor will oversee the Logistics Specialist team by managing the day to day activities for inbound and outbound freight and providing guidance and direction to effectively manage the quality, cost and service provided by all freight carriers. Responsible for preparing annual budgets, forecasting year-end expectations and providing monthly P&L commentary on actual results. The Logistics Supervisor will work with all Duda Sales offices throughout North America, as well as, manage Duda’s small private trucking fleet and drivers.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Manage negotiations and head up exploration with Sales teams regarding freight pricing for all delivered sales opportunities.
- Oversee the negotiation of freight pricing with freight vendors for both long and short term windows. Selection of vendors should include the evaluation of service as well as pricing.
- Prepare the monthly commentary for P&L statements and prepare the annual budget forecast for all Logistics related Cost Controls.
- Supervises the logistics specialist team and drivers of the small in-house fleet. Responsible for hiring, coaching, and performance management of subordinate staff.
- Lead the discussions between the sales, shipping, and freight vendors regarding any challenges or opportunities to provide improved service both at pickup and delivery.
- Collaborate with upper management in planning for department goals, growth and initiatives.
- Collaborate with Sales teams for customer development through delivered sales opportunities.
- Ensure Logistic Specialists are handling carrier claims with accounting department to ensure timely management of any claim related disposition of product or accounting paperwork needed.
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in transportation/logistics in Fresh Produce.
- Ability to connect and cultivate relationships with customers and vendors.
- Ability to maintain a solid understanding of current market conditions and business trends.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with customers with persistent communication and exceptional service.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, holidays, overnights and weekends as necessary to meet the needs of the business.
Please submit cover letter and resume when applying for this position. Please apply here http://www.duda.com/job/logistics-supervisor/
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.