The Talent Manager is responsible for creating and managing strategies that enhance Ocean Mist Farm’s capabilities to attract and retain a talented, diverse and engaged workforce. This position will lead organizational development and training activities and partner with other HR team members and business leaders to effectively on-board, develop, and mobilize talent to support our strategic business needs. The Manager will play a key role in our ongoing efforts to make Ocean Mist Farms an employer of choice. This position reports to the Director of Human Resources and has one direct report.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively manages and actively supports all talent initiatives to enable enhanced retention, growth and engagement of talent.
- Manages the recruitment and hiring process for the organization.
- Consults with hiring manager and develops recruitment strategies for open positions. Manages the timely preparation and posting of job openings on various job boards, pre-screening and interviewing of candidates, background/reference checks, and post-offer drug screening.
- Ensures compliance with applicable employment-related federal and state statutory requirements regarding our overall talent management processes and practices.
- Develops, plans and conducts new employee onboarding and orientation programs.
- Supports the development and execution of a comprehensive training, coachingand leadership development program. This includes facilitating and/or providing training to our workforce.
- Conducts needs analysis, identifies key skills, specialty skills and proposes training needs accordingly.
- Promotes Ocean Mist Farm’s recruitment brand through social media efforts, community business events and college recruiting efforts.
- Conducts job evaluations and updates job descriptions.
- Successfully manages college/university recruitment and summer internship programs.
- Effectively utilizes ADP’s Analytics module to track and report on talent activity that is relevant to our managers and business.
- Participates in various compensation surveys relevant to our organization and industry.
- Leverages external market data thorough analysis and makes recommendations to compensation and overall total rewards programs.
- Manages anniversary award program and educational assistance programs.
- Assists in maintaining HRIS data regarding talent acquisition, training and development and performance management.
- Provides innovative techniques to automate manual systems within the HR function that are aimed at increasing efficiency and effectiveness.
- Leads and participates in cross-functional HR projects.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources or related field highly preferred. PHR or SPHR certification desired.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in the above areas of responsibility. Minimum of 3 years talent acquisition full-cycle experience.
- Broad generalist knowledge of human resource management principles, practices and procedures desired.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, excellent analytical, planning and process development skills, strong business judgment and a high level of initiative.
- Ability to foster strong internal relationships with hiring managers and employees.
- A high degree of integrity, unwavering commitment to maintaining confidentiality.
- Must be highly dependable, approachable, and a team player with an orientation toward providing excellent customer service.
- Highly experienced and very comfortable with MS Office Suite particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint. HRIS experience in ADP Workforce Now or similar system is a plus.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.