Role Title: Technical Manager
Company detail: Agricultural Magnetics Limited (AML) is a Irish headquartered technology based company that provides innovative and practical solutions for the agricultural and food sectors. The patented spraying technology known as MagGrow developed by AML allows end users to reduce their chemical and water usage during the pesticide spraying application and also increase yields in the process.
Role overview: The Technical Manager shall report to the Technical Director, MagGrow USA (however in the short term this will be the New Business Development Manager) and will be expected to provide overall direction through planning, directing and coordinating the activities of the company.
The Technical Manager’s role is to manage the technical process for the business by ensuring that products, services and information consistently deliver to meet customer expectations.
Responsibilities: The Technical Manager will have responsibilities in the following areas:
• Manage the registration process for the approval of the company’s product range with local regulatory bodies.
• Ensure that the company complies with all legal/statutory registration requirements.
• Ensure that all customer installations are conducted to a consistently high quality satisfying legal and customer requirements.
• Assist in development and implementation of both free and paid trials with customers.
• Liaise with appropriate departments in local universities and research bodies, to develop, implement and then oversee field studies for the various products.
• Responsible for managing all technical aspects of key customer accounts and for driving quality improvements plans.
• Manage, motivate and training of technical teams.
• Key point of contact for all technical queries either internally from other departments and external suppliers/auditors/customers.
• Assist in developing new products to meet customer requirements and to improve existing products where applicable
Role particulars: Permanent, salaried, 9.00am - 5.30pm but nature of the job may require flexibility around hours Based in Mid West, USA
Skills and Attributes:
• A Bachelors degree in Agriculture, Engineering or Food Science.
• Also as a requirement is a postgraduate training in management.
• A minimum of 7 years experience in the agriculture sector covering both management and operations roles.
• Excellent report writing, communication skills and an astute team player.
• Proficiency in standard office computer applications.
• Proven strong organizational skills and ability to multi task.
• Demonstrate experience in planning, goal setting and preparation of technical reports.
• High level of integrity
Remuneration: Base Salary Annual Bonus Plan Medical Benefits Expenses
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.