Assistant Harvest Coordinator
Rousseau Farming Company®, a grower, packer and shipper of fresh conventional and organic vegetables in the Phoenix metro area is seeking an Assistant Harvest Coordinator for its operations in Scottsdale, Arizona. The full-time position is responsible for overseeing the harvest of fresh vegetables October through June, along with supervising the planting and transplanting operations concurrent with, and outside of the harvest season.
The successful candidate will have employee management experience and the willingness to work the necessary time required during peak season. We are seeking an effective leader that has the drive to enhance our harvest operations and continue the level of excellence in the produce we pack. Our company is a family owned and operated organization that values its employees and strives to empower them to excel in their positions. A college degree and the ability to speak Spanish is preferred but not required.
Key Duties Include
- Managing the packing of fresh produce at the direction of the Harvest Coordinator
- Coordinating orders with Sales
- Responsible for supervision of several harvest foremen and crews
- Adhering to company food safety & industrial safety policies and enforcing those policies at the harvest level
- Managing harvest equipment and other harvest assets as well as overseeing cleaning operations of the harvest equipment
- Intermediary to growing and cooling operations
- Oversee planting and transplanting crews at the direction of the Farm Manager
- Employee management experience
- Ability to work necessary hours, occasionally 7 days per week.
- Mastery of the English language required, Spanish language ability a plus
- Produce harvest experience is desired but not required
Compensation is competitive and includes paid vacation, and a company vehicle
This job is located in Scottsdale, AZ (Phoenix Metro)
If you are interested please contact Charlie Montgomery below.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.