Sea View is seeking a Farm Manager who is located or willing to relocate near Coachella, Ca.
The function of the Farm Manager is to Supervise, plan, purchase materials, assist in budgeting process, and responsible for all aspects of the day to day cultural operations of all Citrus and Date crops. This person will be responsible of overseeing up to 3,000 total acres. This person will work with other departments and outside contractors to optimize efficiency of farming operations.
A company vehicle, cell phone, and gas card will be provided.
This is a salary position with Sea View. This employee will be offered the opportunity to subscribe for full benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and more!
Sea View is an integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus, including lemons, limes; grapefruits; and other citrus varieties and dates. Sea View owns, cultivates and harvests more than 2,600 acres of fresh citrus.
To learn more about Sea View, its products and core values, visit www.seaviewsales.com
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan, organize, and coordinate activities pertaining to the production of citrus in assigned geographic areas.
- Supervise day to day operations, including: fertility, pest control, weed control, irrigation, pruning, frost protection, and other related ranch projects.
- Give direction, display leadership, provide training and guidance, and promote teamwork within the labor force and other departments within Sea View for a productive and harmonious work atmosphere.
- Schedule, coordinate, supervise and monitor all irrigation functions by implementing irrigation schedules.
Will supervise 9 full-time employees year round, and up to 30 seasonal employees.
- B.S. degree highly desired, but not required. Preferably in Agricultural related studies.
- At least 5 years of agricultural operations experience.
- Experience with Citrus and Date crops highly desired.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office, primarily with Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Must have a valid and active driver’s license.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Spanish speaking highly desirable.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Ability to work with people and have good communication skills, interpersonal relationships. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and talk of hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and a arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.