Job title : Account Manager, Avocados
Location: Philadelphia, PA area or McAllen, TX area
The Account Manager manages an assigned customer base and prospect accounts to provide Exceptional Service fulfilling customer specific goals and Naturipe Avocado Farms strategic goals and objectives.
- Supervisor: National Sales Director
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Develops and establishes new customer base in North America in accordance with Naturipe Avocado Farms Strategic Sales Plan.
- Performs Monthly Market updates to entire business on the competitive conditions, retail displays, pricing and anything new in the market place in the region they service.
- Conducts sales calls, schedules promotional volumes and prices, monitors sales to identify opportunities in accordance with Strategic Sales Plan.
- Proposes customer visit schedule with meeting purpose and agendas to advance relationship.
- Prepares and proposes annual sales plan/budget by account by product for review and agreement with National Sales Director. Includes quantity by product, FOB price objectives, ad or promotional target periods with volume and price objectives, budget customer visits, special programs or marketing tactics planned to earn loyalty and achieve goals.
- Executes against the Sales Plan and weekly Promotional Planner.
- Presents and effectively executes company’s marketing initiatives to retail trade.
- Provides no less than quarterly evaluations of customer to the National Sales Director with recommendations for actions to improve business.
- Needs to be the content expert in his/her market and identify opportunities for growth and recommend tactics to achieve goals and/or prospective new accounts to the National Sales Director.
- Responsible to record price and volume quotations and to make offers only within department established guidelines.
- Accountable for accurate order entry (including quantity, price, product, customer, ship to, delivery instructions and any special instructions) into company system and, if needed, the customer system, and to monitor status of orders up until confirmed received and/or cancelled.
- Must promptly (within six hours) handle rejections by assigned accounts issuing proper notification, department required documentation, and provide customer support to sustain relationship.
- Expected to be aware of the competitive environment and report to manager and team on a real time basis to achieve market leadership.
- Responsible to respond to unexpected supply changes, both long and short, as a team player and to still provide Best-In-Class customer service and optimal grower returns.
- Expected to participate in department meetings and conference calls.
- Responsible to cooperate with accounting department to assure prompt collection of assigned account receivables, and ultimately responsible for the collection of all funds.
- Actions and activity fosters Exceptional Service in customer relationships and market leadership. Strive to become the “go-to avocado person” for designated accounts
- Provides backup as needed to other Account Managers during their absence.
Quantitative Data/Job Dimensions
- Product Sales: FY17 - $57M company total
- Accounts: FY17 - 20 established accounts along with development of new business opportunities
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience with minimum of 3 years in produce industry preferred.
- Ability to act independently and make competent decisions without supervision.
- Must have excellent computer skills with knowledge of MS Office, Outlook and SAP helpful
- Individual must be detail oriented and an effective communicator to others
- Team player striving for the benefit of the team
- Expected travel up to 20%
- Available after hours and weekends as needed
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.