- Trade school degree in mechanics with diesel emphasis preferred.
- 4+ years of diesel mechanic experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills.
- High school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience.
- Ability to provide own hand tools
- Must be able to usea variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and in writing, in person, and via phone or radio with all levels of staff.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred, both verbal and written.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Able to work well with or without direct supervision.
- Excellent organizing and planning skills.
- Work indoors and outdoors, in seasonal temperatures and conditions.
- CDL Class A highly preferred
- Willing to work flexible hours, holidays and weekends as required
- Continuously walk, stand, bend, kneel (and remain working below knee-level) as well as reaching overhead, and from side to side for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and move objects up to 50 pounds consistently with heavier weight necessary at times in an environment that is often hot.
To learn more about our company & view a more detailed job description, visit our website at smithgardens.com. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including immediate PTO accrual, Medical, Dental and Vision after 30 days plus matching 401(k) and Company-Paid LTD after one year. Qualified candidates should send a resumeand cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you!
Smith Gardens provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.