GRFresh is an International marketer of Tomatoes and Vegetables grown exclusively in Mexico. Our company is seeking a strong sales candidate to market our line of commodities. We are a vertically integrated grower/ packer/ shipper that is committed to a vision of sustainability, social responsibility and excellence in safe food production. We have an excellent team and are looking for an experienced salesperson to help us achieve the best distribution channels for our current product mix.
Target customers will include retail, food service and qualified wholesale accounts. Expectation will be to perform a variety of activities to support sales goals and objectives of the company. Position builds solid relationships with not only customers, but the sales team and is responsible for selling and delivering assigned commodities to new and existing customers. Ensure customer satisfaction, meet the customer’s needs and resolve any issues or concerns. The position reports to the VP of Sales and Marketing.
Primary duties include but are not limited to:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary responsibility is to seek out and establish new customers and accounts to grow the category.
- Posting of orders, manage pricing/inventories for highest return to grower.
- Communication with packing plant, shipping and other company sales offices and team personnel.
- Service existing accounts by advising of product availability, pricing, quality, delivery, and obtain orders.
- Investigates and resolves customer complaints or concerns.
- Monitor current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, availability, gaps in production, etc.
- Prepares and presents weekly, monthly and annual activity reports
- Requires some travel
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with company commodity categories..
- Self-starter, resourceful, strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task
- Possess exceptional communication skills, both oral and written.
- Confident and perceptive to customer’s needs and possesses strong customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to identify concerns, research and resolve issues.
- Strong character, integrity and work ethic.
Education and Qualifications
- Minimum of 2 – 5 years’ experience in produce sales and or marketing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and produce software applications is a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.