SUMMARY: The industrial maintenance mechanic ensures that the production line equipment is properly setup and maintained to ensure that all production requirements are met in a timely manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Change over production lines to meet production requirements
- Complete scheduled preventative maintenance and report any equipment issues
- Electrical troubleshooting/repairs/installation
- Repair equipment in a breakdown situation
- Replace broken equipment components in a timely manner
- Perform equipment evaluations and recommend improvements
- Follow all safety measures
- Follow all GMP’s
- 3+ years of experience as an industrial maintenance mechanic
- Knowledge and experience in production and manufacturing processes and techniques
- Computer knowledge and skills, including MS Office
- Able to generate equipment reports and recommend improvements
- Pasteurization and aseptic knowledge a plus
- Able to work on own with minimal supervision
- Ability to weld both mild and stainless steel (stick and tig)
- Experience with bottling lines or packing house experience a plus
- Tools will not be supplied by Valley Garlic. All applicants are expected to provide basic hand tools.
- Work is performed in production line environments and outdoors. Noise levels are usually moderate.
- A large percentage of work time will be spent on the production floor where temperatures vary and noise level is usually moderate.
The employee is expected to adhere to all Company, Federal and State Food Safety Regulations and Policies.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.