SUMMARY: Coordinate and supervise manufacturing facility Quality Assurance functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Ensure that all quality assurance programs and procedures are being implemented correctly.
- Ensure compliance to Federal, State, and local regulations.
- Increase awareness and evaluation of GMP’s.
- Enforce plant quality standards.
- Monitor, enforce, and further develop plant Food Safety Program.
- Comply with Food Safety Requirements and GMP’s as applicable to program,
- Support special projects and other duties assigned.
• Working experience with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP), sanitation, chemical safety, pest control, food allergens plus Kosher Requirements
• Knowledge of related Federal and State regulations
• Supervisory and training skills and experience a plus
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills required
• Competency in computer word processing (MS Word), Spreadsheet (Excel) and database Software (Access) required.
• High sense of urgency and ability to achieve priorities.
• Excellent communications skills.
• Experience with pasteurization is a Plus.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
3-5 years in food industry, with 1-3 years in a quality assurance lab or plant QA Department or Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Postharvest Physiology related field, or equivalent experience.
- Work is performed in production line environments and outdoors. Noise levels are usually moderate.
- A large percentage of work time will be spent on the production floor where temperatures vary and noise level is usually moderate.
The employee is expected to adhere to all Company, Federal and State Food Safety Regulations and Policies.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.