(Moss Landing, California)
Sweet Earth Natural Foods a leading food processing plant and shipper, is actively recruiting to fill a Sanitation Supervisor position. Position reports directly to the VP of Operation and Quality Assurance Manager, works independently and interacts with all levels of operations and administration in a collaborative team environment.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Sanitation Supervisor will provide leadership and support for the development and implementation of Sanitation and Food Safety/Quality Assurance Policies and Procedures. This position is responsible for assuring food safe environment and overseeing the cleaning and sanitation of machinery, tools and facilities. Responsible for the effective utilization of employees, training, skill development, quality of work, safety policy adherence, employee relations, cost control, problem solving and goals/objectives. Sanitation Supervisor must be knowledgeable in areas of food safety, plant safety, chemical handling and plant operating procedures.
ESSENTIAL PROFESSIONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Minimum two (2) years in related field; food processing industry. Hands-on experience preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Computer Proficient – Outlook, MS WORD and MS Excel application minimum.
- Experience in developing and maintaining a motivated hard working team
- Strong interpersonal, written, communication, organizational and analytical skills.
- Leadership skills that inspire team confidence and respect in a creative and effective manner
- Detail oriented and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a deadline oriented environment.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends or as business or operation needs arise.
- Supervision of the sanitation employees ensuring that all machines, machine parts and utensils are cleaned, sanitized and assembled properly according to Master Cleaning Schedule, following Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP’s), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s). Fully knowledgeable on the sanitation process, chemicals and Quality Assurance requirements and safety requirements.
Comprehensive compensation and benefit packet is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Fax or e-mail resume with salary requirements to
Sweet Earth Natural Foods – 3080 Hilltop Road Moss Landing, CA 95039 – Fax: (831) 375-3441 + No calls please
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.