Supports sales and product management in delivering the finest produce possible to our customers, partnering with the best carriers in the industry. Creates and maintains positive relationships with trucking companies, freight forwarders and brokers in order to acquire essential logistics information and relay to entire Naturipe team. Provides logistics support to grower-owners along with establishing relationships with partner coolers and staff.
- Reports to: Transportation Manager
- Peers: Transportation Coordinators (3)
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Books orders with carriers.
- Provides timely tracking and tracing status of active orders in standardized format.
- Follows up on late deliveries and shipments that were not picked up.
- Provides and requests confirmation of orders
- Assists with NF Cooler Transfers.
- Takes lead on diversion of product when it is rejected.
- Creates sales matrix for all delivered orders with heavy emphasis on key accounts
- Works with product management to determine product availability for load.
- Wal-Mart, Costco and Sam’s Matrix distribution.
- LTL consolidation to maximize full truck loads and minimize freight spend.
- Sets up customer receiving appointments as required.
- Creates priority list for warehouse shipping.
- Creates Wal-Mart warehouse appointments using online Appointment Scheduler.
- Verifies orders have been confirmed and set for pick.
- Books transfers from Cooler to Forwarder for air exports.
- Updates transportation portal on all shipments 2x a day.
- Check active sales boards and Transportation Management System (TMS) for additional orders or changes placed after hours by sales and/or partners.
- Check active sales boards and TMS that orders are shipped.
- Assists with claims and rejections relating to transportation are initiated and followed through to settlement.
- Enters accurate transportation costing information into SAP.
- Assures ongoing positive relationships with regional carriers and brokers.
- Stays updated on market conditions, fuel pricing and rates for assigned regions.
- Assists Hortifrut Warehouse Managers during the import season with logistics and transportation.
- Creates weekly report on all activities (rejections, claims, issues).
- Assists with checking status of all claims and follows through to ensure completion.
- FOB and delivered truck claims settlement
Quantitative Data/Job Dimensions
- Full-time 40 + hours per week
- Flexible schedule to accommodate required coverage
- Weekend/holiday shifts required.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- 2 to 3 years experience in truck dispatching or related experience.
- Associates Degree in Business Management or related major or work experience.
- Knowledge of SAP a plus
- Knowledge of air and ocean freight a plus
- Knowledge of perishable transportation a plus
- Knowledge of transportation documentation.
- Ability to follow written procedures.
- Must be able to write and read English.
- Ability to act independently and make competent decisions without supervision.
- Must be computer literate with strong working knowledge of Excel, MS Word, and Outlook.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Be efficient at multi-tasking.
- Travel as required (2-3 times per year).
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.