Directs and coordinates activities of production department(s) in processing materials or manufacturing
products in industrial organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate
To execute this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Manages subordinate Supervisors who supervise the Finished Production and Raw Production
departments. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries
out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Reviews production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations.
- Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products.
- Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications.
- Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Resolves worker grievances or submits unsettled grievances to Production Superintendent for action.
- Compiles, stores, and retrieves production data.
- Review and enforce the Company’s food safety, quality and regulatory standards.
- Other duties as assigned
- Works evenings and weekends as required.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram, or scheduled form.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.