Hortau (hortau.com) is an industry-leading Ag Tech company that has seen tremendous growth in the last fifteen years. Hortau manufactures and markets advanced irrigation management systems. Those system include sensors, wireless communication devices and a web-based (or cloud) application. Our systems use patented soil sensing technologies to measure real plant needs for optimum irrigation management. Hortau’s systems are sold to fruit, nut and vegetable growers throughout North America.
Visit hortau.com/overview to see more information about our company.
Hortau is currently seeking a Field Technician/Grower Support Representative to join our growing sales and technical support team in Washington and Oregon. This position will deliver technical product information and training to customers, consultants and crop advisors in order to maximize growers’ return on investment. Responsibilities will include:
- Provide direct agronomic support to customers to enhance their experience with our system
- Install and maintain field monitoring equipment
- To be the first point of contact for customers dealing with agronomic issues
- Train Irrigators and Farm Managers on the use of Hortau’s system to maximize ROI
- Work autonomously throughout the PNW region
- Help develop the sales territory and grow Hortau’s presence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to present technical information to a diverse audience
- Demonstrated knowledge of agricultural production practices especially fruit, and hop and vegetable productions
- Attention to detail; able to multitask
- Strong computer skills
- B.Sc in Agriculture related field, preferably agronomy, crop science, fruit science, soil science (preferred) with good understanding of crop and soil management (irrigation, fertilization, salinity) or closely related field from an accredited institution
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English
- 3+ years of experience in Agronomy or related field
- Entrepreneurial spirit to grow with the company and seize the opportunity
Competitive salary (DOE)
Truck, Cell Phone, Computer
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.