Produce Alliance specializes in providing fresh produce procurement and distribution services to food service clients across North America, the Caribbean and beyond. We manage an alliance of 50+ independently-owned specialty distributors of fresh products, with combined produce sales of over $4 billion annually. They are carefully selected using the most rigorous qualification criteria. Each commits to full compliance with our audited distribution, purchasing, and category management programs designed for client success.
Produce Alliance currently has an opening for a Procurement Support/Coordinator to join our Procurement team in Salinas, California.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Professional interaction and maintenance of customer and vendor relationships through coordination with Procurement team while striving to exceed customer and vendor expectations.
- Responsible for sales order management, including order entry, collection, reconciliation and dissemination of passings and some invoicing. Correct entry into the company system and, if needed, customer or third party systems while managing order status through shipping and receiving.
- Must promptly handle any shipping discrepancies and trouble issues reported by customers. Assist Procurement team in settling troubles, reporting to vendors and our accounts payable on a real time basis.
- Logistics support including appointments, dispatches and carrier updates to Procurement team and customers.
- Accountable for cooperation with accounting department to assure prompt collection of accounts receivable for assigned accounts.
- Interaction with customers and vendors providing exceptional service to maintain great relationships.
- Backup members of Procurement team as needed during their absence.
Qualifications, Skills & Requirements:
- Ability to work independently and make excellent decisions without supervision.
- Knowledge of MS Office, Outlook very helpful and excellent computer skills are a must.
- Effective communicator who can express concepts and convey information clearly, professionally and on time to the appropriate parties.
- Meet deadlines, set priorities and work within the Procurement team.
- Strong multi-tasking & organizational skills.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
- Excellent phone skills and communication skills.
- Available after hours and weekends as needed.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor Degree a plus
- Produce experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.