Job Title: Accounts Payable Specialist
Provides financial, administrative and clerical support by ensuring payments are completed and expenses are controlled by receiving payments, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices according to established policies and procedures in an efficient, timely and accurate manner for multiple assigned companies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the accuracy of GL coding of all vendor invoices to proper cost center and account number by routing the said invoices to the proper department for verification and approval or by coding based on communication from upper management/owners.
- Insures all invoices/check requests have the proper documentation for support such as PO, packing slip or other correspondence.
- Manages the weekly check runs for all companies and provides owner with all required documentation to support such payments for check signing.
- Mails all payments on a timely basis
- Properly maintains company files for all Accounts Payable documentation from paid invoices, processed invoices or open invoices
- Insures the company optimizes any cash discounts available for timely payments
- Reviews statements for all vendors monthly for any missing invoices or credit memos. Researches any discrepancies.
- Insures all taxes charged fall within the stated tax rate for the area and type of expenditure
- Maintains vendor master file in the system and has all necessary documentation on file (credit application, W9, contact information).
- Responsible for the year-end 1099 processing for all companies
- Assists other departments in any task that may be required if time is available.
- Must demonstrate the highest level of integrity, ethical behavior and be able to maintain confidential information
- Must have attention to detail and great organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team to achieve established goals within designated time
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Dependable, self-motivated, high energy, creative and innovative thinker
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Agriculture experience highly desired
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Knowledge of Famous a plus
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook
- 10 key by touch and typing skills required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Approximately 80% of time performing job will be in an indoor office environment with the majority of that time spent sitting at a desk working in front of a computer monitor
- High use of communication either through telephone of one on one communication
- Noise level in the office is low with temperature levels between 65-80 degrees
Maybe required to lift up to 10 lbs. Bending, stooping, reaching all a probability
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.