The Green Spring Farms Agronomist will advise, support and lead the farm team, ensuring maximum farm gate return, utilizing best farming practices in both organic and conventional crops.
- Lead and advise farm management on organic farming practices
- Develop programs for soil quality; monitor and advise farm management
- Report on condition of crops; monitor and advise farm management regarding weed pressure, pest control, irrigation, and harvest
- Advise farm management in development of annual and long-term crop plans, ensuring maximum farm gate return while supporting sustainability and diversity
- Monitor how ecological systems are interacting with the farm’s crops to improve farm landscape and beneficial species interaction
- Provide long term goal to improve landscape and beneficial species
Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Experience in commercial farm management.
- Experience in organic farming
- Experience and expertise in crop and soil science, environmental science, agronomy, and agriculture.
- Familiarity with crop farming, preferably with knowledge of the Willamette Valley.
- Able to interface with farm management software.
- Skilled with spreadsheets and basic data analysis, providing evidence-based, cost-benefit decision making.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.