SUMMARY: The Packaging Project Coordinator is responsible for overseeing and coordinating all packaging development projects being pursued through Superior Foods. The Packaging Project Coordinator ensures that all established protocol is being followed, customer & internal timelines and deadlines are being met, documentation and files are accurate and stored properly, and provide updates on those specific projects when needed to the cross functional teams for an efficient coordination between departments. In addition, the Packaging Project Coordinator oversees internal databases for packaging files (die lines, print cards, final files, sign offs) and for performing packaging development tasks using Adobe Illustrator and other applicable programs.
This job can be located in either Watsonville CA or San Antonio TX.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following as well as other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned.
Project Management (80%):
Validates and confirms initial Packaging Brief completed by Sales Leads
- Maintains a Packaging Development Tracker and continually updates to ensure all packaging timelines are being met and tasks are being completed within timeframe provided
- Serves as primary interdepartmental point person for packaging development, coordinating with Procurement, Sales, Supply, QA/FS, and Manufacturing to ensure all parties provide required information for a packaging project, as well as distributes artwork to parties for final review
- Manage artwork sign-offs by gathering and documenting all departments’ comments in sign off sheet
- Works with customer & third party packaging companies, coordinating overall efforts to complete various phases of packaging development not directly controlled by Superior Foods
- Works with SFC vendors & suppliers to gather all required information (die lines, print cards, packaging information, etc) for each packaging project.
- Works with third party vendors (such as SGS, FreshTech, Fox, Sierra Packaging) to generate new die lines for new & existing customer projects
Utilize third party design house/customer web platforms to gather, review, and send all information required to complete final packaging project
Gathers information needed to complete customer required design forms including NLEA, ingredient statements, caution statements, recycling statements, etc
Alert appropriate parties when project is at risk to not meet timeline prior to deadlines lapsing
Review and approve of final PDF generated by Printer
Notify all parties when packaging is “Okay for Plates”, handing off from packaging development phase to production/procurement phase handled by Production, Supply, or overseas facility
development & Documentation (20%)
- Use Adobe Illustrator Program to create case print cards, make minor modifications to packaging files, and aid in basic packaging development projects
- Create & maintain database on public server of final artwork (poly, print cards, SRP cases, etc) organized by customer, item, and pack size
- Store & maintain all customer design forms
- Work in conjunction with Manufacturing (San Antonio Plant) to build and maintain a database on public server of all generic die lines capable of being used at the plant
- Build and maintain a cook time database
- Develop ti/hi and case dimensions for building out pallets using the TOPS program
- Maintains Item Master, adding all packaging and ti/hi specific information to each new item added and ensuring it’s overall accuracy.
- Update packaging tracker in real time
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree from four year college or university preferred, with a focus in Business helpful; minimum of three to five years related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and sales and marketing reports. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures with conformance to the prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, managers, clients, suppliers, vendors, other stake holders and the general public.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define and solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables, occasionally in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To apply: please submit resume and cover letter of interest below using PPC/Blue Sky Search in the subject line. Your letter should include: 1) why you are interested in this opportunity; 2) how your previous experience relates to the position; and 3) in what type of work culture you thrive best. If selected for consideration, a brief phone interview will be scheduled within the next 2 weeks.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.