Provide research and resolution of delinquent accounts receivable balances. Researches issues and provides supporting documentation to resolve delinquent balances while eliminating causes. Advises management of potential bad debts, collection risks and unusual circumstances as identified. Assists in the preparation of required reports for management, and in other areas as needed. Responsible for achieving defined receivable goals.
Collections: Effectively communicate and resolve Accounts Receivable, Credit, and Collection issues with Customers and the sales group. Perform Collections of invoices while minimizing delinquent receivables and discrepancies. Perform telephone collection and generate collection correspondence to customers. Provide the customer with necessary documentation, in order to support the collection. Identify root cause for delinquency, raise issues or eliminate cause. Identify customer change in trend and related risks, communicate to sales and credit management. Prepare journal entries for invoice adjustments.
Cross-functional Communication and Support: Provide guidance, support and direction to other functional groups pertaining to the Credit & Collections process. Communicate to and educate Driscoll’s employees on the internal control requirements pertaining to the Credit and Collections function. Ensure adequate control over all Credit & Collections related master files and records retention. Responsible for the interpretation of company policy and government regulations as they relate to the Credit and Collections function. Support annual audit by providing information and documentation as needed to auditors. Cross-train to support team members within the Collections function as required.
Process Improvement: Work proactively with the department and cross-functional departments to develop and implement process improvement initiatives in managing Accounts Receivable and payment terms. Will work in cross-functional teams as required to improve the processes used to complete the responsibilities of the position and other areas in the company that are applicable.
General Responsibilities: Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations. Follow Company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and professional manner in all interactions with co-workers, growers, vendors, governmental agencies, and customers of Driscoll’s. Ensures the confidentiality of all financial, proprietary and confidential information. Performs other duties as instructed. This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job's responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products.
- Five years commercial Credit and Collections pertinent work experience. Food industry experience is preferred.
- High school diploma required. Certificate in Accounting or Associate Accounting Degree preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of Collections, Credit and Accounts Receivable processes and procedures required, including knowledge of collection related legal requirements.
- Ability to problem-solve and perform detail-oriented work in a growth environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and follow up skills.
- Strong computer skills with (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.); advance excel is preferred. Must be able to utilize technologies to streamline work processes.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting; to initiate new ideas; to create new processes; to communicate clearly and accurately, to audit and correct errors; to make generalizations, evaluations, or decisions based on measurable or verifiable criteria;
- Ability to organize workload and prioritize effectively to meet deadlines; dependable, self-starter.
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible in a fast-paced and continuously changing environment.
- Basic understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting (GAAP) principles helpful.
- Able to work overtime as required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.