To ensure that timely and accurate purchases of materials and supplies are performed with consideration to quality and pricing. Also, develop and maintain proper reorder intervals for all packaging facility supplies and materials. The role of this position is to provide assistance to the Purchasing Supervisor by maintaining the purchasing and inventory systems, obtaining competitive pricing of materials and supplies, and placing orders for both inventory and special orders for all types of materials on the farm.
Work Schedule is Monday through Friday, 7 am to 4 pm, 40-hour work week.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure individuals with disabilities are able to perform the work functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive material and supply requests from departments, review for proper authorization, obtain competitive quotes from vendors, purchase at competitive price, receive in timely manner, and issue to proper department,
- All purchasing to be done through the JDE PO system, with accurate account numbers, and received in a timely manner
- Proactively assess proper levels of material and supplies ‑ support cost effective on hand inventory and physical levels on shelves to ensure critical items are available when needed,
- Manage and coordinate monthly physical counts and annual inventory,
- Implement a cycle count program based on ABC Analysis to ensure the JDE inventory records match the physical counts.
- Troubleshoot quantity discrepancies with manufacturing and inspection personnel,
- Prepare month end inventory analysis on inventory dollars, material time supply and cycle count accuracy.
- Maintains records and inventory of packing materials, establishes and reviews reorder points on a quarterly basis,
- Guides and directs the inventory management of all materials needed for the packing department in a food safe and FIFO manner,
- Generates material requisitions and creates purchase orders within JDE.
- Place orders with vendors to replenish storeroom stock, as well as other parts and supplies as needed by the facility,
- Ensures expected paperwork flow of shipping and receiving documentation,
- Performs all requirements of sanitation HACCP and GMP standards including hairnet, beard net, and personal hygiene policies. Special clothing may be required from time to time for sanitation purposes,
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with supervisor and management staff on projects as requested,
- Observe and practice safety procedures at all times. Be safety conscious. Correct or notify supervisor of safety hazards. In the event of an accident, notify supervisor immediately. Attend Safety Meetings.
- Assist covering Warehouse coordinator
- Must possess a valid, clean CDL
- 5 years purchasing experience
- Computer literate, with data entry experience
- Understanding of warehousing operations and purchasing procedures.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Bilingual, English and Spanish, is a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The physical requirements listed below are rated on a percentage per workday basis. Reference is made according to the terms "Seldom" (1-19%), "Occasional" (20-39%), "Frequent" (40-79%), and "Continuous" (80-100%).
- STANDING/WALKING: Frequently walking
- SITTING: Occasionally required to sit.
- LIFTING/CARRYING: Must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- PUSHING/PULLING: Must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- REACHING/STRETCHING: Occasional reaching/stretching
- HANDLING: Occasional handling of materials
- BENDING/STOOPING: Occasionally required to stoop/bend.
- FINGERING: Seldom
- FEELING: Seldom
- KNEELING: Occasionally required to knee.
- CLIMBING: Occasionally required to climb or balance.
- VISION: Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, but is intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and does not restrict the manager’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.