A produce sales company located in Ontario, Canada is currently seeking a professional with hothouse produce purchase experience. Primary products include but are not limited to hydroponic fruits & vegetables, such as; tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, eggplant and strawberries. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, assertive, confident and trustworthy individual who is willing to travel with excellent communication and computer skills. They must also be motivated by sales growth, personal development, and company profitability. The candidate must have a deep understanding and passion for the sales to market process. This is an organization that values talent and rewards success.
Job Title: Director of Hothouse Procurement
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- The successful applicant should have an ample grower/shipper base that he is familiar with and can purchase from
- Capable of discovering new profitable suppliers and initiate business and organization partnerships
- Negotiate with growers/suppliers to secure long term and short term contracts (both seasonably and yearly)
- Finalize PO’s and details of orders and deliveries
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements (pros and cons)
- Deep knowledge of CFIA and USDA protocols
- Strong aptitude in decision making and working with numbers
- Strong FOB buyer experience
- Develop a network of FOB suppliers
- Strong market analysis and a deep understanding of how the market conditions change/fluctuate
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Travel to build/gain relationships with existing and new suppliers.
Skills and Abilities
- Experience in the Hothouse produce purchasing field.
- Someone with strong connections to hothouse produce suppliers, capable of bringing on new suppliers and maintaining existing ones.
- Demonstrates leadership abilities
- Must have a strong work ethic and be confident, assertive and trustworthy.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills.
- Computer savvy.
- High level of analytical ability where problems are very unusual and extremely difficult.
- Ability to work well under pressure and provide results.
- Exceptional organizational and Communication skills.
Education and or Training
- University Graduate or equivalent would be an asset.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.