Pacific Coast Fruit Company is a local, family owned produce distributor that has proudly served our Pacific Northwest retail, wholesale and food service customers since 1977. We are now one of the largest independent produce distributors in the Northwest with distribution centers in Portland, Oregon and Seattle, Washington.
We take pride in being a consistent, reliable solution for our customers. Consistently profitable with a talented and stable leadership team, our company is seeking an experienced and creative Wholesale Account Manager in Portland, Oregon to help take our wholesale business to the next level.
What you’ll do…..
- Achieve sales objectives consistent with company volume and profit targets, while offering the highest level of customer service, teamwork and integrity
- Work with sales manager to create sales strategy and forecast
- Conduct prospecting on phone and in person necessary to fill pipeline with qualified leads
- Resolve customer concerns by investigating problems, developing solutions, and making recommendations
- Assist transportation department in managing service levels and customer expectations
- Perform work at a level which promotes a positive image of Pacific Coast Fruit Company within the organization and the marketplace
- Understand and capitalize on market conditions
- Negotiate commodity programs with buyers and customers
- Strategically manage price lists
What we look for…
- High School diploma or GED, college degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years of produce/perishable product sales or brokerage experience including new business development.
- Great reputation and network with customers located within the Portland market
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain an effective high sales closing ratio and history of significantly growing sales and income year over year
- Established book of business
- Experience in negotiating pricing
- Ability to manage time, set priorities and meet target goals
- Passion for meeting and exceeding customer expectations
- Works well in a fast paced and ever changing environment
What you’ll gain….
- The opportunity to contribute, learn a lot, and have fun along the way
- Competitive salary and incentive plan with unlimited earnings opportunity
- Comprehensive health insurance package including, medical, dental, vision, long term disability, 401(k) and profit sharing plan as well as paid time off
- All the kale and other “good stuff” you can eat or take home to your family through our generous employee purchase program
If this sounds like your kind of job, we’d love to hear from you! Please click on the following link to start the conversation:
Pacific Coast Fruit Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. To ensure that we continue to hire and retain a high quality workforce, all employees must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check prior to beginning work.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.