About Our Company:
A premiere grower shipper with thousands of acres under cultivation. We grow in multiple states in the United States as well as several locations in Mexico. Our focus is to provide our customers with a year round supply of the products we grow. These items include; several Potato varieties including organics, Onions, Watermelon, Nogales Vegetables (Tomatoes, Peppers, Squash, Cucumbers), and Table Grapes. Additionally, we own and operate several state of the art production facilities across the United States. With Sales offices from New York to California, our team of experienced staff is dedicated to meeting our customer’s needs.
Responsible for moving and tracking sales of all product packed by our warehouses. Must build and maintain new customer relationships as well as maintain current customer relationships. Assist in developing business plans and strategies to continue growth, meet and exceed goals defined in the business plan. Work as a member of the team and assist those around you in all capacities that you are able to.
- 3 - 5 years sales experience in the fresh fruit and vegetable industry
- Solid understanding of the fresh pack potato industry
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, plus a good working knowledge of industry related software including Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be a good negotiator, innovative and persuasive
- Must be energetic, confident and willing to work hard, there are times projects will require late hours and a lot of leg work is involved to finish a project
- Experience in developing marketing and sales strategies
- Must be able to make presentations and achieve sales targets
- Proven ability to motivate and lead those you collaborate with
- Strong will and an internal desire to succeed, needs to be self-motivated
- Ability to recognize and define problems, find possible solutions and execute a plan to overcome them
- Excellent Time Management skills
- Professional and polished demeanor when working with others
Additional Qualifications/Skills Sought After:
- Experience with Famous Software
- Team player within a target-driven environment
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Service existing accounts, obtain orders, and establish new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets
- Maintain minimal floor count across multiple warehouses
- Monitor current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, availability, gaps in production, etc.
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Enter and track orders in Famous, I-trade, and other Internet based ordering systems. Verify order entry and follow orders through to delivery
- Manage inventories for highest return to grower.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.