This position will be responsible for monitoring and supervising the cleaning of plant production equipment and facility to meet food safety, customer quality and worker safety requirements. As a leader in Sanitation, this includes ensuring employees follow company policies and procedures, ensure that sanitation, quality and department efficiencies are maintained at or above standards, and support the commitment and continual improvement to Food Safety and Quality programs.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Bachelor's Degree with a focus in Food/ Science/ Microbiology or related fields is a plus.
- 3+ years' supervisory and sanitation experience in a food processing facility; preferably a vegetable processing facility.
- Understand and have knowledge of chemicals used in the cleaning process; understand the manufacturing process and equipment parts/systems in order to ensure proper sanitization of equipment and efficient line start-ups.
- Understand and have knowledge of GMP, FDA, PMO, HACCP, CCOF and OSHA requirements.
- Other qualifications include: strong analytical ability, consistent problem solving skills, project management ability, strong interpersonal and oral communication skills, team oriented, accurate and thorough, ethical, self-motivated, professional, able to consistently be at work and on time, maintains confidentiality, able to follow-through, and has strong attention to detail.
- Bilingual a plus English/Spanish.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.