Red isn’t our only color…As one of the largest vertically integrated tomato companies and diverse service providers, DiMare Fresh is positioned to provide service to 90% of the US population through our existing service centers. While tomatoes remain one of our core commodities, we offer a full line of fruits, vegetables and consolidation services. With over 85 years of experience in the produce business, we stay committed to quality product, customer service, innovation, integrity and loyalty.
Fresh Produce Distributor is seeking Food Safety Practitioner
The Food Safety Practitioner is responsible to oversee compliance of all food safety policies and regulations. This position will develop, implement and enforce Food Safety and Security standards, policies, and programs including food security, HACCP system, regulatory audits, quality systems review process (QSR), food safety training program, standard operating procedures (SOP’s), product inspections, food safety audits, and standardized work instructions.
The position will be located in our Sacramento, CA facility. The position reports to the General Manager.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Oversee monitoring, verification, and validation activities to ensure that all products leaving the facility(s) meet food safety and quality standards
- Redesign and update plans whenever there is a change to program, process, procedure
- Develop and maintain documentation such as standard operating procedures and maintenance of manuals, policies and procedures
- Develop and provide training and maintain all training records for food safety and quality requirements
- Provide training and maintain all training records for critical food safety and quality requirements
- Conduct facility food safety audits and manage third party auditing programs
- Work with General Manager on any food safety issues or corrective actions
- Ensure that the company’s food safety procedures are followed at all times
- Ensure proper sanitation and maintenance of all facilities
- Minimum of 2 years practical experience in Food Safety or QA in the food industry preferred or qualifying course study in Food Science related field.
- HACCP certified or able to attend training and become certified
- SQF Certified Practitioner or able to attend training and become certified.
- Knowledge of HAACP, GMPs, and Organic Standards and a plus
- Previous experience with Safe Quality Foods or SQF Expert Practitioner and GFSI preferred
- USDA and/or GFSI audit experience a plus
- Must have ability to make timely, independent decisions and exhibit sound and accurate judgment
- Must have ability to communicate with employees and management and to communicate changes effectively
- Ability to follow policies, procedures and instructions and to respond to management direction required
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, Microsoft Dynamics or related ERP
Please submit resume and salary history.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.