Black Gold Farms invites you to grow with us! At Black Gold Farms, we strive to provide our employee’s work with a purpose. We recognize that our operation relies on many skilled and talented individuals doing many things right to successfully grow, harvest, sell and distribute our crops throughout the United States. We work on the farm, in the field, at the office and on the road. We do what we can to be good stewards of the land, good community members and good industry partners.
Here at Black Gold Farms, we work hard to ensure that each person that is a part of our team is offered: an opportunity to grow personally and professionally, rewards that include more than earning a salary, impactful work that matters, a culture that includes being a part of our family and values that extend locally and globally.
Black Gold Farms has been in operation for over 85 years. The company has evolved into a global industry leader in potato production, sales, and service. Please join us in serving our customers, sustaining our business, and feeding the World.
Black Gold Farms has an exciting new opportunity available for a Regional Agronomy Manager. This position has been created to support the expanded and diverse operations of the company.
The Regional Agronomy Manager oversee the agronomic operations at our Missouri, Texas, and Louisiana operations, ensuring that we are producing high yielding and top quality crops. This role will lead and execute agronomic strategies for these locations, while providing technical expertise.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Providing agronomic technical leadership to support the agronomists and managers in the region.
- Working with agronomy and sales to teams to create planting and harvesting schedules.
- Coordinating pre-season crop planning with the farm locations.
- Making recommendations to the sales and farm teams on proper agronomic quality control actions.
- Developing, managing, monitoring, and executing agronomic plans for the farms in the region.
- Visiting farm locations to evaluate crop production status, including test plots.
- Developing agronomic best practice procedures.
- Collecting and summarizing key crop data obtained throughout the year. Also, interpret and recommend external research findings for implementation.
- Providing formal and informal training to agronomic and farm team members.
A Bachelor’s degree in crop/plant sciences is required, a Master’s degree in plant pathology or other related plant science degree is preferred. Experience with potato or sweet potatoes is preferred, but not required. The candidate must have a valid driver’s license and able to obtain relative position specific licenses/certificates. Travel will be required around 25% of the time. The base location of this individual is flexible, but should be within proximity to one of our operations in MO, TX or LA. Relocation assistance is provided if necessary.
Black Gold Farms offers an excellent benefits package, including health, company funded HSA, dental, vision, disability, accident, critical illness, life insurance, a 401(k) program with company match, paid time off and an incentive program.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.