The primary responsibility will be to look at the growing operation from an integrated and holistic pest management perspective. To assist in growing all crops effectively and profitably while producing healthy, life giving food.
- Design, implement, and oversee pest management research projects across multiple locations.
- Work with farm personnel to establish and monitor appropriate economic thresholds for
- Understand federal, state and local regulations for the various farming locations.
- Develop proactive programs using new and present compounds and application methods to determine optimal levels of pest control.
- Write pest control recommendations to address pest issues
- Monitor fields for pest problems including but not limited to insects, diseases, and weeds.
- Self-driven who works well independently
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to set and achieve goals
- Willingness to learn and contribute to the success of the farm
- Travel throughout the year to multiple farm sites is required
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in an agricultural field of study.
- CA and AZ Pest Control Advisor license is required.
- Experience with Integrated Pest Management (IPM) techniques to control pests in an organic setting.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Technical background and the ability to understand and explain complex issues in pest control and management.
- Process improvement and problem-solving skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Comply with company safety standards
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus
- Must be able to meet physical demands that include but are not limited to: lifting to 50lbs, sitting or standing for extended periods of time and workingin inclemented weather.
Please visit our website to learn more about our company at www.duncanfamilyfarms.com
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.