JOB TITLE: Packing Facilities Electrical Engineer
DEPARTMENT: Packing Facilities
LOCATION: Somis, CA.
REPORTS TO: Director Packing Facilities Operations
TRAVEL: Coachella Valley
WORK SCHEDULE: Must work a minimum of 40 hours per week; schedule will be determined by Director of Field Operations.
As Packing Facilities Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for the installation, repair, and maintenance of mechanical, electrical, equipment and machinery related controls and components in our packing facility in Somis, Ca. This position provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure proper operational controls, timely execution of work, reporting procedures. You will work independently and lead large scale projects and/or programs for PTI, in order to achieve company objectives while profitably growing the company. Furthermore, excellent leadership must be provided. Finally, must be able to develop and maintain a strong relationship with local suppliers to provide supplies and inventory for company operations. Results are evaluated when milestones are reached based on the effectiveness in which tasks are completed
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Control the daily operation of all mechanical equipment in the physical plant and buildings. Perform maintenance and repairs to the Mechanical, Structural and Control systems for the Pack house facility to keep these systems up to applicable standards.
- Oversee the maintenance and continuous operation of all packing facility systems
- Performs preventative maintenance, general maintenance and technical inspections.
- Monitor, Maintains responsibility for preventative maintenance, purchasing and inventory control, contracted maintenance, general maintenance and technical proficiency.
- Monitoring operation and maintaining equipment, pumps, valves, piping and other mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Performs and/or completes all pack house facilities service requests accurately and expediently.
- Formulates and implements the preventative maintenance program for pump stations and facility
- Performs preventative maintenance tasks in a timely manner.
- Monitors the quality and pricing of maintenance work performed by outside contractors.
- Be able to evaluate packing house facilities systems to monitor and to improve performance to operate efficiently.
- Ability to work long hours occasionally and some weekends.
- Actively participates in emergency response procedures, technical and safety training programs.
- Perform all work using the proper safety equipment and in a safe manner.
- Perform electrical repairs.
- Responsible for keeping records of repairs made to packing house facilities.
- Perform additional job duties as requested by packing house director.
EDUCATIOIN AND TRAINING:
- Knowledge of maintenance and operation of packing house facilities, building and automation.
- Allen Bradley and GE PLC experience required.
- Bilingual preferred (English - Spanish)
- 3 to 5 years’ experience as a packing house engineer.
- must have thorough knowledge of electrical design and engineering techniques. The candidate will devise new approaches to problems, modify drawings, specifications, calculations, manuals, charts and graphs, and monitor work for compliance to applicable codes and accepted engineering standards.
- Ability to set priorities and produce results
- Project management skill for coordination between departments
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions given in written, oral, or diagram form. Must have the ability to discern when issues may require input from levels of authority within the corporation.
- Get along with people and establish cooperative working relationship with staff at all levels both within and outside the department.
- Willing to work weekend if necessary
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Strong integrity, credibility, communication and commitment to the company mission
The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level and working conditions are similar to those for an administrative office. The employee is occasionally exposed to hot, cold, wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold or heat.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.