At American AgCredit, working in farming and ranching isn't just a job, it's a way of life. The more you get to know us, the more you'll begin to understand no one is more dedicated to agriculture and the values of the people who work in this industry than the people at American AgCredit. For a work environment which will demand the best you have to offer and appreciate everything you have to give, there's no place better.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Responsible for analyzing loan applications; assisting applicants in completing loan applications and budgets; servicing small routine commercial and/or real estate loans by frequent contact with customers; and actively pursuing new business through organized marketing and business development programs. May be responsible for management of existing designated loan portfolio; renewal operating loans and term loans.
1) Assist with interviewing loan applicants, preparing loan applications, financial statements and budgets.
2) Prepare spreadsheets of financial statements, e.g., balance sheets and income statements. Input all required data into the loan origination and loan processing systems.
3) Review all pertinent credit and financial information; determine the need for more thorough investigation or additional information; analyze information statement and related material; prepare summaries, present facts, and offer opinions concerning credit-worthiness.
4) Assist with analyzing loan applications and supporting documents. Recommend approval or denial of loans, or approve/deny loans within lending authority.
5) Assist with determining and reviewing legal documentation.
6) Verify financial statements, review credit reports, and collect relevant data.
7) Communicate Association credit philosophy and stock requirements to customer.
8) Prepare loan servicing actions and follow-up on assigned loan portfolio. Interact with title companies.
9) Monitor loan process. Provide backup to loan officers on customer service issues and respond independently to requests for information and assistance.
10) Communicate and promote the availability of loan products and other financially relatedservices.
11) Conduct collateral inspections.
12) Represent the Association at public functions. Perform other duties assigned.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1) BA/BS degree with emphasis on agribusiness, business administration, or equivalent.
2) 6 months to 5+ years experience in a related role.
3) Knowledge of agriculture and/or agribusiness.
4) Demonstrated analytical and statistical skills to evaluate, prioritize and categorize data in various formats for reports.
5) Skills in credit and cash flow analysis, balance sheet analysis, profitability, liquidity, and solvency analysis.
6) Strong written and verbal communication skills.
7) Strong interpersonal skills.
8) Proficient in use of PC, including word-processing, e-mail and electronic spreadsheet software.
Must have the ability to perform basic office tasks and work in a typical office setting. Employee will be sitting for extended periods of time and accomplishing work at a desk and work at a computer for an extended period of time. Must have strong written and verbal communication skills to adequately convey ideas and work well with a team. Ability to talk and hear, sit and use their hands and fingers, and reach in all directions is essential in performance of the job. Some lifting and moving of items up to 25 pounds required. Work during established business hours and may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.