- Continue on with current duties
- Set up, implementation and training regarding new Quality software
- Design and implementation of Quality tech information sessions to train on the various aspects of Quality (HACCP, monitoring, FSMA, BRC/Silliker, Non-GMO, Organic, etc)
- Increased focus on shelf life studies
- Special projects (addressing quality and production needs)
- Key role in the development and implementation of on the floor sensory program
- Key role in the development, implementation and management of the supplier approval program.
- Manage Non-GMO project compliance
- Prepare and present material at Quality Quarterly Executive Update
- Continued development of Supervisor position (grows responsibilities and value add)
- Professional development (outside trainings and cross-functional projects)
The Quality Supervisor position harnesses fundamentals of food science, microbiology, product development, training and engineering to lead our culinary manufacturing team to efficiently make safe and high quality products. Through positive and creative approaches to teamwork and innovation, the Quality Supervisor works directly with the Quality Manager, Production Manager(s), Director of Product Integrity and Development and VP of Operations on a variety of Quality and Production initiatives and daily programmatic execution.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage Laboratory Functions including: Training on microbiological procedures, HACCP thermometer calibration schedule, scale calibration schedule, external lab samples for verification of Non GMO project, Allergen Program and others as needed, maintaining and ordering inventory of all lab supplies.
- Work directly with HACCP Team, Quality Manager and Production Managers in design, training and implementation of all HACCP monitoring procedures, paperwork and verification tests.
- Review all HACCP documentation daily and work with Quality Manager and Production Manager to identify required Corrective Actions. Lead QA Techs in executing Corrective Actions required.
- Supervise Hold & Release Program to assure all policies, procedures are followed and quality department goals are achieved.
- Lead QC and Production Teams in troubleshooting any issues with Quality or Food Safety tools, procedures or equipment to identify corrective actions and solutions.
- Assists as needed in the management of the batch sheet document center
- Review all Deviation Reports for accuracy and thoroughness. Verify Corrective Actions and Investigative measures are accurate and followed up on by QC Techs and production personnel. Train as necessary on any change in policy or procedures based on Corrective Actions required. Perform trend analysis on Deviations to identify opportunities for continuous improvement and problem solving.
- Assists in the investigation and corrective actions from all customer complaints.
- Leads QA techs on Sensory Program
- Participate in label review process
- Participate in training new personnel (production and QC) in sensory and QC evaluation of all products and developing training materials
- Participate on QC panels for new products, raw materials and WIP
- Fill in for QA Techs on 1st, 2nd or 3rd shift as necessary.
- Assists with R&D trials related to continuous process improvement, shelf life studies and new product development
- Manages in execution and training of GMP programs
- Participates on HACCP Team
- Leads in execution of Supplier Approval Program
- Participate on Monthly Self-Audit team and assist in the coordination of the monthly audit corrective action task list
- Assists in the design, implementation and execution of strategy to meet Third Party Food Safety Audit Standard
- Expands scope of QC program by identifying new opportunities for improvement of products and their production processes.
- Assist in designing, analyzing and measuring information for achieving overall Quality Departmental and Company Goals.
- Collects and organizes data to support decision making related to food safety, shelf life and quality. Assists in the presentation of Quarterly Reports to Executive Management and Ownership
- Assist in Managing 3rd party Certifying Standards and Programs (ie. Kosher, NonGMO Project, Organic)
Non-essential Job Functions
- Participate in management and production team meetings / presentations
- Assist in training personnel on quality guidelines, safety and production SOPs
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Must work in warm and cold environments
- Work safely around chemicals and equipment
- HACCP Certified
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, Genesis R&D
- Ability to record, organize and interpret data
- Ability to taste / smell and evaluate food or ingredients for quality parameters
- Bilingual English / Spanish
- Experience / education in microbiology, botany, horticulture, food science
- Takes initiative
- Adaptable and Flexible
- Loves food
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.