The Sr. Maintenance Technician position primary focus is to support production uptime by minimizing equipment downtown. Through adherence to the preventative maintenance schedule and their ability to repair equipment failures in an expedited manner, the Sr. Maintenance technician reports directly to the Director of Maintenance and works with Operations, Production Manager and Quality Manager to assure that equipment is in good working order and food safe. As a small but rapidly growing company, you will get amazing cross training and exposure to all dimensions of our operations.
Essential Job Functions
- Installs and maintains production equipment
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair equipment related problems such as mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and electronic
- Rebuild parts as needed; pumps, motors, gear boxes, etc., and perform maintenance in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operations manuals and manufacturers specifications.
- Proficient at making repairs on mechanical equipment such as motors, conveyor systems, and production equipment.
- Ability to observe mechanical devices in operation, diagnose and troubleshoot issues.
- Be able to examine parts and identify defective issues
- Provide emergency unscheduled repairs of commercial kitchen equipment, & packaging equipment as needed
- Create work orders and perform required maintenance and service per work order detail.
- Manage work order system.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance
- Keep complete records of preventative maintenance repairs
- Facility repairs to pumps, rotation of catch basin filters and septic leach field discharge cycles.
- Ensure the facility has consistent supply of air, power, water, etc.
Non-essential Job Functions
- Advises Management of any areas of concern relative to wear and tear of equipment, building and cleaning needs
- Respond to emergency situations, before and after hours, to ensure continuous and safe operations.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and other tools to complete repairs
- Comply with safety regulations, maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Perform other duties as assigned
• High School diploma or equivalent and 5 years of experience as a maintenance mechanic• Strong working knowledge of mechanics and repair • Strong electrical knowledge and background
• Plumbing and pipe fitting skills• Mechanical, assembly skills
• Electrical troubleshooting required• Experience with, refrigeration, compressed air, are required• Ability to read and interpret plans, drawings, prints and schematics, operating manuals, and repair manuals• Boiler operator certified or knowledge of high pressure steam boilers a plus
• Must be able to utilize lock out/tag out and repair all packaging machinery• Highly motivated, strong troubleshooting/problem solving/logic/process of elimination skills
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand or walk for long periods of time, use hands to finger, handle, control, or feel objects tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is required to bend or twist their body, climb ladders, scaffolds, or poles.
- Must be able to kneel, stoop, crouch, or crawl and maintain or regain their balance.
- The Technician is regularly required to lift and or move up to 55 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.