Research and resolve delinquent accounts receivable balances, make customer calls for collections and work with Sales/Marketing team to resolve deductions issues. Prepare management reports on customer deductions and sales.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for collection activities for customer accounts and for credit review process
- Make collection calls to assure accounts are kept current and invoices are being paid.
- Deduction resolution to ensure deductions do not continue, invalid deductions are paid back and valid deductions are credited accurately (including coding and commenting all accounts)—Regular phone/email communication with customers, Sales Dept., and Brokers
- Assist in the updating of SOP’s, forms and processes used to better assist team
- Review 3rd party system for payment status and identify problem invoices
- Prepare customer deduction reports and analysis of trade spend by customer
- Prepare calculations of broker commissions
Additional Job Functions
- Maintain electronic storage files which contain various support documents needed to process deductions
- Provide ad hoc reporting and special projects as needed
- Evaluate effectiveness of current collection policies and procedures on account by account basis
- Other administrative duties as needed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to negotiate
- At least 3 years of experience in collections with a high volume mid-size company. Produce/food industry experience is preferred
- Preferred experience with national retail customers and distributors
- Strong computer skills with Excel, ERP systems
- Basic understanding of accounting principles helpful
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work independently with tenacity
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.