Position Title: Quality Assurance Manager
Salary Range: Open
Company: Growers Express, LLC
Location: Yuma, AZ
Reports To: Vice President, Technical Services
Summary: Green Giant Fresh is one of the West’s finest grower/shipper of fresh vegetables, is currently looking for a Quality Assurance Manager. Quality Assurance Manager manage quality and safety facility operations compliance activities for multi-area vegetable production operation. Operations include internal and contract facility operations.
- Manage audit system for internal growing and harvest operations to maintain compliance to internal (Quality Management System) and external (GFSI Certification, customer expectations) requirements. Includes management of current use of, and future rollout of, technical software applications.
- Manage implementation of FSMA Preventive Controls, Produce Rule, and other applicable Rules as necessary.
- Maintain the Food Safety Plan and all supporting components, including verification and validation procedures.
- Validate and manage performance of contract or internal sanitation activities.
- Ensure company compliance to policies and procedures defined in internal Quality Management System (QMS).
- Effectively manage employee training program with respect to Quality and Food Safety programs.
- Appropriately train and mentor staff. Conduct performance evaluations, manage training needs, etc.
- Compile, analyze, and communicate quality and food safety-related information to appropriate stakeholders. Automate processes where applicable using Information Technology (IT) support.
- Plan staffing and resource needs for all activities, including day-to-day scheduling, seasonal moves, equipment tracking, and department fleet management.
- Perform and document risk analyses at internal and supplier operations as a subject matter expert.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and internet applications, notably Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and budget.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Bilingual – Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English and Spanish.
- Minimum five (5) years industry experience in food safety and quality areas, extensive knowledge Hazard Analysis and Risk-based Preventive Controls (HARPC), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI) Training.
- Advanced skills in MS Office applications, including Sharepoint, MSProject, Dynamics AX.
- Ten (10) years industry experience in food safety and quality areas.
- Knowledge of, and experience in advanced food safety and/or quality systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biological Science-related field (Food Science, Biology, Microbiology, etc.).
- Required to sit for long periods of time.
- Physical effort required (ability to move 50 lbs. from one area to another).
- Exposure to extreme heat and cold environments.
- Work performed in an office, field and production facility environment.
- Some overnight travel will be required.
- Smoke-free work environment.
This is a full-time position offering excellent competitive benefits and working in a highly positive but demanding culture with our rapidly growing company.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.