Job Title: Assistant Field Manager
Reports To: Field Operations Manager & Field Manager/PCA
Main Office: Newman, CA
Travel: San Joaquín Valley, Santa Clara Valley and Central Coast Region
- Measure all fields using GPS pre and post planting.
- Take soil samples of all fields and deliver to lab.
- Take water samples of all fields and deliver to lab.
- Take all petiole samples and deliver to lab.
- Make pre-season assessments on all fields for food safety audits.
- Assist with USDA, GSFI and other food safety audits.
- Scout fields to assist PCA
- Order fertilizer for all fields and ensure that it is delivered and applied properly.
- Order and coordinate pre-planting herbicide treatments.
- Assist with planting schedule.
- Coordinate greenhouse schedule with planting schedule and greenhouses.
- Order seed and ensure it is delivered to the greenhouses.
- Monitor greenhouses weekly for plant growth, plant development, plant quality and inventory control.
- Order plants from greenhouse and ensure delivery.
- Coordinate with Planting Supervisor to have equipment and personnel ready to plant fields.
- Ensure planting is being done correctly.
- Interact with growers.
- Interact with Farm Labor Contractors
- Interact with Vendors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent field experience
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Strong verbal and inter-personnel skills
- Ability to work with little to no supervision.
- Basic computer competency
- Maintain DiMare quality policies and objectives
- Ability to work weekends and holidays
- Ability to travel away from home for extended periods of time
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
The associate is required to stand, walk and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands; stoop, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance. The associate may regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level and working conditions are usually at a moderate level. The associate is occasionally exposed to hot, cold, wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme heat or cold.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.