Seeking a new and challenging opportunity to further enhance your career? DuPont Pioneer’s Woodland location has an opening for a Field Operations Manager to manage our field production operations. As the Field Operations Manager, you’ll be responsible for safe, effective and efficient management of field production processes. Working autonomously, you will serve as a primary field contact for seed production which includes: grower management and support. Utilize your communication skills to establish and build relationships with growers, contractors, and vendors. Strategic thinking and analysis is critical as you will be responsible for the oversight of acreage planning, strategy, education and resource allocation for field activities. Your decisions will be impactful as you develop a cost effective, environmentally sound method of enhancing yields. Come make a difference! Come grow your career with DuPont Pioneer!
This position will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Involved in all aspects of grower relations, including but not limited to: acreage allocations, contracts, conflict resolution.
- Oversight of Integrated Pest Management program including: vendor selection, agreement administration, hiring, developing and managing scouts.
- Responsible for training and education of seed field employees and growers in agronomy, seedsmanship and safety. Provide leadership and decisions to staff on operational questions related to their areas and responsibilities.
- Management of a commercial seed production fields in the Americas which could range from 1,000 to 120,000 seed acres. Field activities may operate 7 days/week, 24 hours per day portions of the year.
- Participate in strategic planning, budgetary, safety, quality, and workforce issues for production employees.
- Work with government certifying agencies to assure all standards are met
- Provide coaching and leadership in areas of grower and vendor relations.
- Evaluate and analyze the local competitive seed environment
- Keep abreast of current agronomic practices, government agricultural programs, and environmental issues related to all phases of seed production. Must continually study, discuss, and identify best practices in planting, cultivation, harvesting, methods of weed/disease/insect control, etc.
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. DuPont is an E-Verify employer. Successful candidate will need to be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in agronomy, agribusiness or related discipline
- Five to seven (5 -7) years of experience of row crop with emphasis on seed production
- Demonstrated people management experience. Ability to train, lead, and motivate field crews. Ability to teach and coach employees, growers and contractors.
- Knowledge of production agriculture and production plant operations.
- Possess seedsmanship skills and general product knowledge.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, strategic analysis, and communication skills
- Driver’s License, acceptable driving record, and ability to obtain CDL.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.