Opportunity: To join a fast growing agriculture company as Harvest Manager of their Dateland, Arizona 3,254 acre farming alfalfa farming operation.
About Integrated Ag: Integrated Ag is a fast growing fully integrated farm operating and development business specializing in the Southwest U.S. The firm has ~16,000 acres of land it owns or controls, growing a wide variety of crops from grains and forage, to organic produce and permanent crops.
Harvest Manager Responsibilities:
- Oversee and coordinate staff to execute all harvest activities:
- Follow up with swather driver daily, check crimping of hay to make sure it is ideal for current conditions, check sharpness of knives, and all other wear parts.
- Direct two rake personnel daily make sure they are entering the field at the ideal time to rake.
- Run one of the balers, Harvest Manager being the lead guy and directing the other baler how, when, and where to cut.
- Work with Inventory/Stacking staff on stacking slots and follow up with Mil Stack operator daily to ensure maximum quality control.
- Assist Farm Manager in harvest scheduling (discuss thoughts on when to turn the water off prior to cutting for best harvest results).
- Oversee Maintenance is being completed on time for all farm equipment.
- Become familiar with each piece of equipment’s different components that require maintenance and maintenance intervals.
- Keep wear parts in stock to prevent down time during the season.
- Learn all the personnel and their roles on the farm.
- Truck provided by company for use.
- Open, honest communication with all Integrated Ag team members.
Experience: Five-years minimum hay harvesting experience in Western United States conditions.
Reporting: Reports directly to Farm Manager.
Compensation: $50,000 - $80,000, Based on Experience.
Benefits: After 3-months, Health Insurance and 401k.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.