Lakeside Organic Gardens is seeking a cooler manager to be based out of its Watsonville facility. Check out our website at www.lakesideorganic.com to read about our commitment to organics and our sustainable business practices.
To apply for this position please submit your resume along with a cover letter that includes your response to the questions listed below.
- What experience do you have that qualifies you for this position with LOG?
- What is the most challenging work you have performed in your employment history?
- Why might you want to work at LOG?
- What is your current/target compensation level?
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Responsible for managing and directing all of the activities related to the receiving, storage, repacking, order fulfillment and shipment of product to accounts throughout the US and Canada.
- Responsible for coordination to ensure that the company meets all applicable state and federal environmental and GMP standards.
- Develop and cultivate a culture that creates a sustainable work environment that promotes safety, customer-centric product fulfillment and continuous improvement to ensure efficient and accurate systems and processes.
- Build and develop individuals and teams to create a productive and involved Operations team and a highly participative work environment.
- Lead and carry out the company’s sustainability initiatives in the operations arenas.
- Develop and manage operations budget to include weekly and monthly operations metrics.
Manage warehouse functions:
- Provide direction for warehouse supervisors as well as staff engaged in facility maintenance and sanitation operations.
- Manage functional areas to include product receiving, put-away, repack, order fulfillment and shipping.
- Implement continuous improvements for warehouse efficiency and customer service.
- Motivate frontline staff to understand barriers to productive performance and solicit ideas on how to drive process improvements.
- Be a change agent in warehouse to drive process improvements.
- Ensure compliance with GMP, FDA and OSHA regulations, county health, food safety and organic certification requirements.
- Manage the operations budget and control expenses effectively. Analyze and address variances.
- Ensure that all LOG operations are complying with Company policy, state and federal statues regarding workplace safety, food safety and employment laws, and that all practices are administered in a fair and equitable manner.
- Recruits, hires and develops staff effectively to insure proper staffing. Focuses on coaching for success and takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with Company policy.
- Candidate must demonstrate an ability to drive successful core process improvements within a high velocity, perishable warehouse environment as well as a track record of building and leading high performance teams, delivering exceptional customer service, effectively developing and managing budgets.
- This position requires hands-on experience in developing and maintaining effective warehouse management systems (WMS) and processes that are integrated into an enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems.
- Knowledge of DOT, USDA, OSHA and other applicable government regulations is required.
- This position requires basic skills in MS Office, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook as well as the capacity to learn and use a variety of computer software programs specific to LOG.
Competency Qualifications: Ideal candidate will have demonstrated the following competencies:
- High Integrity and Trustworthy
- Customer Focus
- Result Driven
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Action Oriented
- Effective Team Builder
- Problem Solver
- Good Time Management
- Quality Decision Maker
Functional/Technical Skills to include:
- Highly proficient in MS Office suite software.
- Previous experience using electronic transportation management systems.
- Solid keyboarding and overall computer skills definitely required.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Bilingual preferred but not required.
Knowledge and Experience Qualifications
- An undergraduate degree is required plus a minimum of five years of increasing responsibilities in leadership roles in either manufacturing or distribution. Preferably in refrigerated products.
- 3+ years experience managing a group facility of over 50 personnel.
Traveling is required down south during peak season.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.