Supports company success and growth by overseeing assigned company-wide personnel functions such as Benefits Administration, HR Information Systems Management, Recruitment, Employment, Employee Relations, Leave Management, Compensation, Records Management, etc. A key responsibility of this role is to communicate and counsel managers, supervisors and subordinate staff of our HR policies and practices, and to ensure Company compliance with Federal and State labor laws
- Employment: Ensures job posting, applicant process, background and drug screening, job offers, onboarding, new hire orientation, status changes, job descriptions and classification, and collection of employment data are managed following company policy as well as federal and state laws.
- Payroll: Ensures and facilitates the HR review, approval, and submission of all payroll data, such as time off requests, bonuses, correction check requests, benefits and other payroll deductions, leave administration, etc.
- Employee Records: Ensures all employee personnel and benefit files, verifications of employment, I9 records and eVerify employment eligibility confirmations, reports, unemployment claim responses, etc. are completed, audited, and maintained accurately and in a time manner.
- Benefits Administration: Responsible for the ongoing administration of the company benefits program, including employee communication, carrier liaison, invoice reconciliation, reporting, employee enrollment and changes, and resolution of employee concerns.
- Employee Appreciation: Ensures all company and site employee recognition and appreciation programs are current, tracked, and carried out in the spirit of the company mission, values, and goals.
- Leave Administration: Responsible for the administration of all paid time off and leave requests and programs, including response to employees and monitoring of leave status.
- Employee Relations: Provides guidance for HR and the management team on organizational and employee relations issues. Ensures employee relations issues, including investigation of employee complaints, development coaching, corrective actions and terminations, and seasonal layoffs are handled in compliance with company and federal and state policies and regulations. Maintains employee investigation files. Escalates review of all situations with legal considerations for review with VP Human Resources.
- Supervisory responsibilities: Direct supervisor of members of the Human Resources administrative team, ensuring ongoing team development and growth.
- May be responsible for other duties as assigned, including but not limited to the recruiting, hiring and selection process of all seasonal and year-round employees as well as supportive assistance to the Payroll, Safety and Talent Development teams.
- Independent Judgment - Plans, prioritizes and organizes a diversified workload. Must be a self-starter and abel to work independently.
- Interpersonal Skills - Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Oral and Written Communication ‐ Speaks clearly in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification. Able to communicate effectively in writing.
- Attendance/Punctuality ‐ Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent
- Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Keep upper management and corporate Human Resources up to date with issues relating to the center
- Organization – Must be able to complete duties timely and accurately, with attention to detail. Must be able to multitask and follow up on outstanding assignments with little to no supervision.
- Managing People ‐ Includes staff in planning, decision‐making, facilitating and process improvement; takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; makes self available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth
- Integrity - Strong emotional intelligence with high moral values, honesty and integrity; performs at a high level of diplomacy and confidentiality; strong level of discretion, professionalism, and personal ownership.
- 5+ years Human Resources management experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Prefer Bachelor’s degree in related field;
- Prefer minimum PHR and/or SHRM-CP or related certification;
- Strongly prefer bilingual English/Spanish fluency;
- Strong knowledge and practical experience with all federal and state (minimum California and Arizona) compliance, labor laws, notices/postings and legal issues
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.