East Coast Fresh Cuts, a part of Coastal Sunbelt Produce, is not just our company name, it’s our identity. We are a processing company serving the entire East Coast and fresh cut produce is our only business. Webster’s dictionary defines “fresh” as “having its original qualities compromised.” This means that what we provide is all natural, never cooked, with no preservatives or enhancers added, and delivered with all the goodness nature intended.
The Value Stream Production Manager will lead the manufacturing team in the high volume production areas and work with the support functions to provide the tools necessary to achieve the goals of the plant. Plan and execute manufacturing processes, procedures and schedules to comply with internal safety and quality practices. Position will be responsible for continually driving process improvements in the manufacturing area and have a passion for on-time, complete, and correct production requirements.
The Production Manager is responsible for the following:
• Provide leadership and strategic direction for all food production departments. Manage and develop value stream managers and leads.
• Drive improvement of safety program to ensure a safe work environment for all crew members.
• Provide vision and facilitation of improvement initiatives and problem solving to improve throughput, quality and cost management. Engage crew members to actively participate and understand a lean culture.
• Manage crew members, including determining staffing needs, performance feedback, and ensure that such practices conform to ethical and legal standards.
• Create and manage production forecast and labor planning and accomplishment.
• Demonstrate strong leadership and people management/development skills
• Highly motivated and organized individual who is able to function successfully in a fast paced, cross-functional team environment.
• Results driven individual with strong data analysis, computer and financial acuity skills (Excel spreadsheets).
• Demonstrated ability to lead continuous improvement/problem solving initiatives in a manufacturing environment. Experience/training in lean and quality concepts preferred.
• Bi-Lingual (Spanish) a plus. Note: various ethnicities and backgrounds in the company. We pride ourselves in having a diverse company.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
The physical demands:
• Able to work in a cold, wet environment up to 70% of their time on the job
• Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.