Boundary Bend Olives Inc. has an immediate need for a Quality Assurance Senior Officer.
Boundary Bend Olives Inc. (BBO), Australia’s largest olive oil producer, recently expanded operations to California and have begun processing at the newly constructed mill at 455 Harter Ave., Woodland, CA. With an unwavering focus on superior quality, innovation and customer satisfaction through all facets of our business, BBO is one of the leading players in the modern olive industry.
The Quality Assurance Senior Officer will be responsible for the ongoing development, implementation and maintenance of all relevant Quality Management Systems as required to ensure the effective growth and development of the company along lines that conform to all regulatory criteria.
- Maintenance and continuous improvement of QA policies and procedures to ensure full and ongoing compliance with regulatory standards in all BBO sites and activities.
- Maintain the Company’s Quality Management System. Ensure compliance to all applicable quality codes. This includes all legal & regulatory compliant issues on a state by state basis.
- Ensure ongoing compliance in the Company’s ability to supply a safe and quality product.
- Instigate and participate in QA audits at regular intervals as and when required.
- Coordinate QA meetings in conjunction with the grove Manager at the various company operations.
- Assist in the maintenance of the Risk Management Process.
- Develop, deliver and/or coordinate relevant short course training programs in related QA areas, as required.
- Monitor adherence to the operation of our HACCP based safe food program & other quality requirements as needed.
- Motivate staff to comply with all quality requirements
- Ensure adherence to all NASAA requirements related to organic food handling and processing.
- Maintenance of Food Safety and Quality Systems.
- Artwork and Labelling Approval ensuring compliance with FDA Food [TR1] codes and other regulations.
- An energetic and passionate person with strong inter-personable skills and a proven ability to engage and educate a wide range of staff
- A proven self-starter who can own and drive various initiatives proactively.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- The ability to multi task and be self-motivated.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills (written and verbal).
- Strong cultural alignment with the BBO team and BBO brands.
- Bachelor in Science or similar
- Appropriate Quality Assurance related qualifications.
- Proven experience in a similar role.
- Flexible working hours and occasional overtime may be required.
- Travel when necessary to other business locations.
- A willingness to keep skills updated.
An attractive benefits package will be offered to attract a candidate of the highest caliber.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.